This rummy game is the foundation for all forms of the game. The rummy game follows a simple draw and discard format wherein all players with 13 cards each play the game with an aim to meld the cards in Runs and Sets to win the game.
Objective: To finish making sets and sequences at the earliest.
- The game is played with packs of cards having 53 cards – 13 cards each of 14 suits and one printed joker
- The game is played for 101/201 points or as a best of three option
- The game is played in an anticlockwise direction
- Seating and order of play is decided by random pulling of cards
- The joker card is also pulled randomly
- The joker card can validly used to complete sets and sequences only once the mandatory natural run is formed
- Two runs are mandatory out of which one has to be without use of joker
- At the end of the game, the points of all unused cards will be counted, though the joker cards carry no points
- Drop option is available for all games except for the best of three version
- The maximum points for a game is 80 points
Winning strategy: Play with a view on the cards other players pick from the open pile